Applications are invited for a Research Fellow or Senior Research Fellow – Russia (depending on experience) for the Russia and Eurasia Programme. The successful candidate will be responsible for undertaking research and research projects leading to published output on Russia and the western post-Soviet region and undertaking fundraising for such research. Although the primary focus will be Russia, expertise in one or more of the western post-Soviet states would be desirable.
This is a part-time position, 12 month contract.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of three years’ research experience (10 years for Senior Research Fellow)
- Substantial track record of publishing on Russia. A Senior Research Fellow should be an internationally recognised authority on the area
- Fluency in English and Russian
- Evidence of successful project management
- Proven history of successful fundraising.
Candidates should submit the following in their application:
- Covering letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Research plan for the first 12 months, related to the international relations of the Russian Federation and including an outline of potential follow-on work and fundraising initiatives
- Publication sample
- Contact details of two referees.
Please specify which position you are applying for (Research Fellow or Senior Research Fellow).
For any queries, please contact James Nixey, Manager and Research Fellow, Russia and Eurasia Programme,firstname.lastname@example.org
Based on 2.5 days per week: £13,133 – 18,272 (Research Fellow), or £22,840 – 33,690 (Senior Research Fellow).