KSOP M.Sc. Program in Optics & Photonics
The M.Sc. course provides an adequate education, spanning the bridge between undergraduate optics classes and the required in-depth knowledge that is essential for cutting-edge research. The best students enter the Ph.D. program and find the ideal ground for world-class research.
36 students per year can be admitted to our masters program. The best students are supported by the KSOP Scholarship Program. Access to the KSOP masters education is granted via an application procedure. In addition to this a tailor-made study plan is developed for each individual masters student (corresponding to his/her educational background) when entering the KSOP.
The program is divided into four stages leading the students to the degree M.Sc. in Optics & Photonics:
- Stage I Introduction: provides the students with the necessary prerequisites
- Stage II Core Subjects: give them a solid background on the most important topics within the wide and diverse field of Optics and Photonics
- Stage III: Specialization: students acquire specialized knowledge in one of the five Research Areas of KSOP: Photonic Materials & Devices, Advanced Spectroscopy, Biomedical Photonics, Optical System or Solar Energy (new in 2012!)
- Stage IV Masters Thesis: students competently perform a six-month research project on a current topic of research.
Active student life
You can get an insight into studying in KSOP by watching the movie which our students created. As a KSOP student you have the opportunity to join the worldwide OSA and SPIE network represented as http://www.optics-karlsruhe.de/” href=”http://www.optics-karlsruhe.de/” target=”_blank”>OSKar student chapter in Karlsruhe.
You are interested in applying for the KSOP Master Program? Then please note the following steps:
- You need to fulfil the admission requirements of the KSOP Master Program.
- The application for the Master Program in Optics & Photonics is divided in two ways depending on your nationality. Please follow the corresponding link: German and EU Applicants and Non-EU Applicants
- After having received an admission for the KSOP Master program, candidates with outstanding study results can apply for the KSOP scholarship program.
- Do you have any questions? Please check our FAQs.