Erasmus Mundus-MA in Strategic Project Management
Deadline:6th January, 2013
Open to: applicants of exceptional merit coming from EU/EFTA member states and non-EU countries
This Erasmus Mundus course, Masters in Strategic Project Management (European), known as MSPME, is a unique programme in the field of Business Management. It is the only masters programme that takes an international perspective to the strong and growing demand for strategic thinkers who can deliver core business activities and realise competitive strategies in public, private and voluntary sector organisations through the implementation of strategic projects.
Over a 16 month period, students will study at three internationally renowned institutions across three different countries. An internationally recognised multiple degree is awarded by each University in the consortium of three top European universities:
- Heriot Watt University, School of Management & Languages, Edinburgh, UK.
- Politecnico di Milano, School of Management in Milan, Italy.
- Umeå University, Umeå School of Business and Economics in Sweden.
MSPME welcomes applications from candidates both from within Europe and from all countries out with the European Union. Selection is highly competitive in accordance with the entry requirements. The following should be considered as minimum requirements and those candidates selected for Erasmus Mundus scholarships are likely to be outstanding in all four of the following criteria. You can find more about the eligibility issues here.
- Academic excellence of the candidate: outstanding achievement in the applicant’s first degree. The minimum admission qualification is a high-quality Bachelor degree (or an equivalent academic degree) of minimum three years duration and 180 ECTS credits (or equivalent) in a cognate or semi-cognate discipline.
- Language ability: for non-native English speaking applicants a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 (with no individual component lower then 6.00) or equivalent is required: e.g. TOEFL 577 or 91 internet-based).
- Student motivation and relevance of the MSPME programme to a student’s future career aspirations.
- While professional experience such as employment or professional qualifications are not essential, these are taken into consideration when awarding scholarships. Successful scholarship candidates tend to have considerable relevant industrial experience as well as vocational or professional qualifications.
MSPME fees include the cost of all administrative expenses, tuition, site visits, guest lectures and travel insurance. Fees for 2012-14 will be €12,000-€15,000.
Sholarships are available to applicants of exceptional merit from all countries. There are two types of scholarship offered by the European Commission:
- Third countries (Category A): Applicants are not nationals or resident of either a Member State of the European Union or an EEA-EFTA State (Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein) and have not carried out their main activity (studies, work etc.) for a period of 12 months over the last 5 years in one of these countries. For more information on Third countries click here.
The total value of Erasmus Mundus scholarship will be €36,000, comprising: €12,000 toward the Participation Fee of €15,000; travel cost of €8,000; and a 16 x monthly bursary of €1,000.
In addition, the total value of the MSMPE Consortium Scholarship will be €3,000 toward the Participation Fee of €15,000.
- European (Category B): Applicants who do not fulfill the Category A criteria stated above.
The total value of Erasmus Mundus scholarship will be €14,000, comprising: €6,000 toward the Participation Fees of €12,000; and a 16 x monthly bursary of €500.
In addition, the total value of the MSMPE Consortium Scholarship will be €6,000 toward the Participation Fee of €12,000.
All applications must be complete, in English, and accompanied by full documentation. Where documents are not in English, we require both the original plus a certified translation into English. The following documentation should be uploaded at the time of application:
- Completed online application form.
- Motivational Statement (maximum 1000 words).
- Curriculum vitae.
- Certified copy of previous university qualification(s).
- Official university transcript(s) of all marks from all previous university qualifications.
- Proof of level of English language ability.
- Evidence of any professional qualifications.
- Two letters of recommendation, preferably from the university or institute that awarded the first degree.
- A copy of the ID page from your passport.
- Financial guarantee showing ability to cover the costs of the programme whether self, family, employer or scholarship, (can be supplied at a later date and not required for scholarship only applications).
All applications for admission onto the MSPME programme should be made here.
The deadline for Erasmus Mundus applications for the academic year 2013 is 6th January 2013, Sunday 23:00hrs GMT.
For some addition questions read FAQs.
Intern at UNDP Armenia
14 Petros Adamyan st., Yerevan,Armenia
Web Site: http://www.undp.org