Pre-LL.M and LL.M Programs for Caucasus Region and Turkey – Announcement of Chicago-Kent College of Law, School of American Law
Announcement of Chicago-Kent College of Law, School of American Law (SAL)
SAL Certification Pre-LL.M and LL.M Programs for Caucasus Region and Turkey
School of American Law
Chicago-Kent College of Law with its School of American Law has launched overseas, fully certified, Pre-LL.M Program in Georgia & LL.M program in Chicago, solely for Caucasus Region (Georgia, Azerbaijan and Armenia) and Turkey.
Chicago-Kent College of Law started operation of American Law School in Caucasus Region with a view to provide qualified education in American Law with different directions for residents of Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan and Turkey.
The mission of the Chicago-Kent College of Law, School of American Law (SAL) is to promote the idea of American Law in the region and to provide equal access of undergraduate education for developing countries.
About the Program
School of American Law Certification Pre-LL.M Program offers intensive instructions conducted exactingly by Professors and Adjunct professors of Chicago-Kent College of Law.
The SAL Certification Pre-LL.M Program consists of two-semester intensive instructions in Adjara Region, Batumi (Georgia) with minimum 120 hours of lectures, intensive period covers: Friday-Saturday each month during October-June, 2012-2013.
The SAL Certification Pre-LL.M Program begins in fall, October 12-14, 2012.
Courses for the 2012-2013 academic years are as follows:
- International Commercial Law (S. Harris, Professor Chicago-Kent) / October 12-14, 2012.
- International Business Transactions (T. Hill, Professor Chicago-Kent) / October 26-28, 2012.
- Introduction to American Law (I. Solodovnik, Adjunct Professor) / November 9-11, 2012.
- Legal Writing (I. Osyka, Adjunct Professor) / November 23-25, 2012.
- Contracts (R. Warner, Professor Chicago-Kent & Founder of SAL) / December 7-9, 2012.
- IP and E-Commerce (R. Warner, Professor Chicago-Kent School & & Founder of SAL) / February, 2012.
- Marketing and Advertising (I. Solodovnik – Adjunct Professor) / February, 2012.
- Privacy (M. Miłosz, Adjunct Professor) / March, 2012.
- International Criminal Law (B. Brown – Professor Chicago-Kent) / April, 2012.
- Corporations (F. Batlan – Professor Chicago-Kent) / May, 2012.
Admission to the Program
Degree requirements and specializations for admission to the SAL Certification Pre-LL.M Program:
- Practitioner lawyers or licensed to practice law in the home jurisdiction
- Graduate law students
- Law students in their third year of undergraduate study (LL.B degree)
- Professional translators who are specialized in business and legal translations (they should be admitted only for SAL Certification Pre-LL.M study)
- All applicants should be proficient in English. However, applicants are not required to submit a TOEFL or LSAT score in order to start the program.
Students who complete all mandatory courses of SAL Certification Pre-LL.M Program will be admitted for the LL.M degree in Chicago-Kent College of Law.
All SAL Certification Pre-LL.M Program graduates obtain LL.M degree in Chicago-Kent in a one semester with the full (100 per cent of tuition fee) or partial (70 per cent of tuition fee) scholarship.
Students attending the SAL Certification Pre-LL.M Program will be graded by Chicago-Kent College of Law faculty on a 4.0 scale, and will be required to earn a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.7, calculated after the end of each semester, in order to be eligible for admission to the LL.M. program in Chicago.
All students will be eligible for an exchange (up to one semester) with SAL Gdansk, Poland.
All applicants are required to submit:
- Resume/CV in English.
- Copy of the Passport/ID.
- Copy of diploma or university statement for LLB degree students.
- Cover letter.
- Contact details of two references.
- Completing an interview thru Conference call with selection committee.
Scholarship and tuition tee for Pre-LLM and LL.M Program
Tuition fee for the SAL Certification Pre-LL.M program for whole academic year is 5 000 (five thousand) USD.
Graduates who successfully complete the SAL Certification Pre-LL.M Program for 2012-2013 academic years and decide to apply for the LL.M Program at Chicago-Kent College of Law will receive the full (100 per cent) scholarship. All graduates who have certificate of completion receive partial (70 per cent) scholarship. All types of scholarships cover tuition fee in Chicago-Kent College of Law.
Additionally, SAL Certification Pre-LLM students may complete optional courses in the English language, which will better enable them to improve their legal skills before LLM in US.
The deadline for submission of all documents is September 25, 2012. Interview through conference call will be held on September 22-29, 2012.
School of American Law, SAL Certification Pre-LLM Program will be held in Batumi State University (Adjara, Batumi) and LL.M program of Chicago-Kent College of Law will be held in Chicago, Illinois.
E-mails for submission of requested documentation: email@example.com
In case of questions contact official reps of program thru: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone call is permitted: + 995 577974001 + 995 577774030
You may also contact Arman Poghosyan for questions via: email@example.com